Skill Level » Intermediate
Lemon Poppy Seed Dome
0 Hour 30 Minutes
2 Hour 30 Minutes
- Bake the Lemon Poppy Seed cake in the Samurai Mold (591082.)
- Pipe the Lemon Alaska Express Mousse into the Half Sphere Mold (591003.) Scrape off excess and freeze completely.
- Create chocolate petals with the glaze.
- Color the clear gel yellow and glaze the frozen mousse domes.
- Assemble as seen in the picture
1Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle cream together eggs and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the cream and beat for 2 minutes. Combine the melted butter together with the poppy seeds and lemon zest. Sift the dry together and fold into wet mixture; followed by the butter/poppy seed lemon compound. Scoop into desired pans or 8 mini loaf pans; Bake at 350ºF/180ºC, for 15-20 minutes or until done.
2Lemon Alaska Express Mousse
- Whisk together the Alaska-Express Lemon mix and water. Then fold in the whipped cream in three parts, fold in the lemon compound. Pipe into desired vessel.
- Fruits (citrus, tropical, berries, etc.)