- Make the Pate a Choux then pipe it into the Silikomart Flexi Half-Sphere mold (591003.) Scrape off the excess creating a flat surface. Freeze completely.
- Cut out rounds of the White Craquelin while frozen. When the Pate a Choux is completely frozen, place onto a parchment lined sheet pan for baking. Place one round of the White Craquelin on top of each half-sphere. Bake as directed.
- Once baked and completely cooled, fill with the Eggnog Pastry Cream from the bottom of the half-sphere. Garnish with the PCB Creation Bearded Santa, White Chocolate (616983.)
1Pate a Choux
- Place water, milk, sugar, salt, and butter in a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Add flour and mix vigorously. Cook very well to remove moisture. Place on the mixer with a paddle and mix for 2-3 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add eggs one at a time making sure they are incorporated well before adding the next egg. Pipe into desired shape onto a parchment paper lined sheet pans.
- Bake at 400ºF/205ºC with the vent open until golden brown and fully dried.
- Place turbinado sugar in a food processor to make smaller granules. Place in the mixer with a paddle and add the soft butter, flour, the contents of the vanilla bean, and the white powdered color. Mix until a dough is formed.
- Remove from the mixer and place between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Roll with a rolling pin as thinly as possible and freeze before use.
3Eggnog Pastry Cream
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk, combine ingredients and whip on medium high speed for 3-5 minutes. Fold in the compound.
- Room Temperature
Login to view pricing information and add items to cart. Learn more