- Unroll the Honeydew Genoise and spread an even layer of the Honeydew Buttercream covering the whole cake. Roll once again and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Decorate with a rosette of the Honeydew Buttercream and a PCB Creation Prosperity and Good Fortune Plaque (626002) and/or the PCB Creation Lunar New Year 2020 Rat (626001.)
- Whisk together all ingredients except for the egg whites and second amount of granulated sugar.
- Make a meringue with the egg whites and second amount of sugar.
- Fold the two mixtures together gently until homogeneous. Spread evenly onto a half sheet pan that is lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for about 10-15 minutes or just until the cake springs back when touched.
- Once out of the oven, immediately invert the cake on top of a clean piece of parchment paper cut to half sheet pan size. Roll the cake width wise tightly without cracking the cake. Keep rolled until the cake has completely cooled.
- In a medium pot add at least 1" of water and bring to a simmer.
- In a stand mixer mixing bowl add the egg whites and sugar, whisk together. Place the bowl over the simmering water. Whisk constantly until the mixture reaches 160F. Sugar should be fully dissolved.
- Transfer the bowl to the stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium high speed intol stiff peaks are formed and the bowl is room temperature to the touch.
- Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the butter 1 TBSP at a time. Whisk until the mixture breaks and then comes back together resulting in a smooth and fluffy buttercream.
Login to view pricing information and add items to cart. Learn more