- Cut the Hazelnut Dacquoise in 4 equal pieces. Spread the Hazelnut Crunchy Caramel evenly onto each piece of the Hazelnut Dacquiose. Layer the pieces on top of each other. Freeze completely. Once ready, cut desired shapes and sizes using a hot knife. Place in the freezer until glaze is ready. Dip each cut piece into the warmed Milk Chocolate Almond Glaze scraping off the excess. Immediately place on the transfer sheet until completely crystallized. Garnish with the Maracaibo 38% Chantilly.
- Make a meringue with the egg whites, egg white powder, and granulated sugar. Sift the powdered sugar with the hazelnut flour and pastry flour. Fold into the meringue. Spread evenly onto a full sheet pan lined with a Silikomart Silkmat (591030.) Bake at 356F/ 180C for 10-12 minutes.
2Hazelnut Crunchy Caramel
- Mix the first amount of sugar and vanilla bean together. Make a dry caramel. Add the roasted hazelnuts while still warm. Pour out onto a Silikomart Silkmat (591030.) Allow to cool completely. Once cool roughly chop.
- Mix the second amount of sugar and vanilla bean together. Make a dry caramel. Deglaze with the heavy cream. Cook to 226F/ 108C. Add the butter and the hazelnut paste. Emulsify and leave to cool.
- Once completely cool, fold in the chopped caramelized hazelnuts.
3Milk Chocolate Almond Glaze
- Melt the glaze and combine with the almonds.
4Maracaibo 38% Chantilly
- Boil the cream and add to the couverture. Refrigerate. Whip to medium peaks.